Wednesday, June 15, 2011

10 months today....


So today is the big day! My baby has hit the double digits when it comes to months! You know what else she did today? She decided that she no longer needed 3 naps and we decided to try 2 today. She woke up a little after 6 (damn early bird) and I put her up in her crib right around 9. She played for a few minutes and then it was quiet until almost 10:30! We went out for awhile, came home, had lunch, destroyed the living room, dining room, and kitchen! I just put her up for a nap. She was talking to her Seahorse friend (sleepy talk) and now it is quiet. I wonder how long she will be asleep for. I also think that it is good she cut out the 3rd nap so she might go to bed a little easier at night. She is not one that screams and cries in her crib (knock on wood) but for the past week, it has taken her awhile to fall asleep. I don't want her to be over tired because that would defeat the whole purpose!

Last Friday, I made my first official call as a Breastfeeding Counselor. Overall, I think it went pretty well! The mom had a few questions about how long she should be nursing a 10 day old. Her biggest complaint was how long it took! I remember those days of 45 minute to hour feedings. I basically had no shirt on the first month! Now if I can get her to nurse for 7-8 minutes, that is a record!

I cannot believe she is 10 months. She is the love of my life. I cannot imagine my life without her. I was the type that liked going out alot and partying. Now, I would rather be at home with my awesome family. Some people do not understand that and it is hard to explain because they are not parents yet themselves.

I love my life and would not do anything to change it, except lose the rest of the baby weight and tone up... LOL!

No comments:

Post a Comment